DYU LIMITED 1-YEAR WARRANTY AND POLICY ON REPLACEMENT PROCEDURES & RESPONSIBILITIES
WARRANTY PERIOD AND TARGET AUDIENCE TERMS
The warranty would be registered automatically when the initial purchaser ordered it in the online shop. So the warranty is under the INITIAL PURCHASER and the 1-year warranty would be started since the initial owner has received it.
As for the warranty transfer, the ebike transferee can only enjoy the warranty when the following two conditions are met at the same time:
- The 1-year package hasn’t expired since the initial owner has received it
- You have the initial owner’s name & the initial order number.
DYU will replace any component that is deemed to be defective or damaged (including damage incurred during shipment) without user error. The warranty covers the listed products and follows the terms below:
DYU ebike frames are covered by a replacement warranty for 1 year.
This warranty includes a replacement frame only. Labor charges to changeover parts to replacement frames are not included. Changeover labor must be performed by an authorized DYU
DYU reserves the right to use scratch and dent stock when replacing a frame under this warranty. Frame styles and/or colors not in stock may be replaced with a compatible style and/or color at the discretion of DYU.
Frame issues that are excluded from this warranty include but are not limited to:
- Paint fade, scratches, impact marks
- Impact damage
- Non-reversible modification (drilling/welding)
- Chain guard mount to the frame if applicable
DYU batteries are covered by a 1 year prorated warranty.
During 1 year of service – A defective battery will be repaired or replaced at no cost to the customer. The warranty period for a repaired or replaced battery remains unchanged based on the original purchase date.
After the first 1 year of service – A prorated credit, based on months of service, will be applied toward the purchase of a new battery. Batteries purchased at pro-rated cost will have a new 1-year warranty based on the pro-rated purchase date.
No cash reimbursement will be made.
Batteries can be assessed and found defective directly by DYU only.
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Defects or damage resulting from accident, abuse, misuse, abnormal use (including but not limited to stunt riding, racing, or other similar activities not consistent with the intended use of the Products), improper storage, abnormal exposure to liquid, chemicals, moisture, abrasives, sand or dirt, neglect, or abnormal physical, electrical or electromechanical stress;
- Defects or damage caused by private modification;
- Scratches, dents, and cosmetic damage, unless caused by DYU;
- The product that has the serial number or the bar code removed, defaced, damaged, altered, or made illegible;
- Ordinary wear and tear;
- Defects or damage to the Products caused by the use of accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by DYU with the Products;
- Defects or damage caused by the assembly, testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, repair, or adjustment in a manner that varies from Assembly Instructions & Owners Manual;
- Defects or damage resulting from external causes such as collision, fire, flooding, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source;
- In addition, with respect to the battery, this Limited Warranty does not cover defects or damage:
- Caused by charging by a battery charger not intended or appropriate for use with the Battery or the improper use of a battery charger;
- Where any of the seals on the battery are broken or show evidence of tampering;
- Where the Battery has been used in equipment other than the Bike for which it is specified;
Parts & Components
Original DYU parts & components are covered by a 1-year limited warranty (When all the spare parts for the warranty are sent to the customer, the customer needs to bear the freight).
This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- Ordinary wear and tear not the result of defects in workmanship or materials. Wear and tear can be assessed by DYU. Parts not typically covered include but are not limited to:
- Brake Pads
- Chain Rings
- Parts compromised due to corrosion due to the elements (moisture, heat, etc).
- Damage or deterioration of the surface finish, appearance, or aesthetics of the product.
- frame, forks, handlebar, seat post, saddle, brakes, lights, crankset, pedals, rims, wheel hub, freewheel, cassette, derailleur, shifter, motor, throttle, controller, wiring harness, LCD display, kickstand, reflectors, and hardware. Warranty within one week after receiving the goods. Parts damaged during use after seven days need to be charged.
- Labor charges for part replacement or changeover.
- Defects or damage resulting from accident, abuse, misuse, abnormal use (including but not limited to stunt riding, racing, or other similar activities not consistent with the intended use of the Products), improper storage, abnormal exposure to liquid, chemicals, moisture, abrasives, sand or dirt, neglect, or abnormal physical, electrical or electromechanical stress.
- Scratches, dents, and cosmetic damage not caused by DYU.
- Product that has the serial number or the bar code removed, defaced, damaged, altered, or made illegible.
- Defects or damage to the Products caused by the use of accessories, products, or ancillary/peripheral equipment not furnished or approved by DYU. with the Products.
- Defects or damage caused by improper assembly, testing, operation, maintenance, installation, service, repair, or adjustment in a manner that varies from Assembly Instructions & Owners Manual.
- Defects or damage resulting from external causes, such as collision, fire, flooding, windstorm, lightning, earthquake, exposure to weather conditions, theft, blown fuse, or improper use of any electrical source.
CLAIMS PROCESS1.Warranty Claims
All claims to this warranty must be made through DYU and submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. Proofs of purchase and photos or videos of the damaged product are required with any warranty request. Before making a warranty claim, we suggest that you contact us at email@example.com as there may be a simple fix for your problem. Valid warranty claims will be processed through DYU within 1 years of initial purchase.
DYU will not replace any part without first seeing photos or videos of the damaged product. Customers need to provide us with evidence by email.2. Shipping Damage Claims
In rare instances, the item received may be damaged during transportation. If shipping damage occurs, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and provide us with photo or video proof.
All free accessories will not participate in the replacement or compensation if they cause scratches during transportation.
NOTICE: we will not accept Shipping Damage Claims later than 7 days from receipt of products.
A common example of after-sales service is the provision of a warranty for the good. A warranty allows the good to be repaired or replaced if it breaks down within a certain period of time after purchase.